In the last post we covered some dinosaur film gems. But what about books? Here’s a list of 5 great books that all revolve around dinosaurs. They’re all adult books, all fiction (though some blend wonderful facts with the action) and come highly recommended, so there’s no excuse not to read them.
- Raptor Red, by Robert T. Bakker. Bakker is a famous paleontologist, who consulted with the Jurassic Park team while they made the first movie. Raptor Red is the fictitious, but realistic tale told by the point of view of Red, a female Utahraptor, as she hunts, mates, and struggles to survive.
- Cretaceous Dawn, by Lisa M. Graziano and Michael S.A. Graziano. An action-packed adventure story, also written by scientists, that follows the journey of four people who accidentally time travel to the Cretaceous period. The story gives a whole new perspective into how T-rexes may have acted.
- Love in the Time of Dinosaurs, by Kirsten Alene. This bizarro fiction story combines monks, dinosaurs, magic kung-fu, and guns. And of course a man falls in love with a dinosaur. It’s an epic tale, and though the content may seem bizarro, the story is very well written.
- All My Friends Are Dead, by Jory Jon and Avery Monsen. This well-known, little dark comedy book may not revolve around dinosaurs, but the drawings and concept were too good not to mention. Plus, bonus! There’s a sequel: All My Friends Are Still Dead.
- A Lovely Love Story, by Edward Monkton. Combining poetry with heartwarming drawings, this little book makes for a great gift. The dinosaurs are adorable, and the message is timeless.
Have you read any of these? Tell us what you thought of them in the comments! Next time we’ll post a list of nonfiction books, for all you knowledge-pursuers out there.