This week’s list we thought we’d recommend some family entertainment. Below are five of the best family-friendly movies and TV shows.
- The Land Before Time. A classic story that brings together dinosaurs from five different herds: a long-neck, a three-horn, a flyer, a spike tail, and a swimmer. They travel together to get to the promised Great Valley, in hopes of reuniting with their families. Careful, this one’s tear-jerker. But don’t bother with all the sequels and TV spin-off.
- Dinosaurs. Produced in part by Jim Henson Productions, this sitcom from the 1990s was about a family of five dinosaurs living in Pangea: Earl Sinclair, his wife Fran, and their kids Robbie, Charlene, and Baby. The show covered political and other topical issues, and it took multiple puppeteers to perform each dinosaur character.
- Dinotopia. A four-hour miniseries, this show depicted a utopia where dinosaurs and humans lived together. Basically, two brothers accidentally crash land on the island, and learn about this world. It’s pretty magical.
- Dinosaur. A live-action/animated Disney film, that is basically a remake of Land Before Time. There is an orphaned dinosaur, who joins a new clan, and must make it to a valley full of food to survive. The animation is pretty enjoyable.
- We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story. An animated film that kids will like. The story is told from the point of view of Rex, a T-rex who traveled to the future and ended up in modern day Manhattan. He and other dinosaurs are given a special food that increases their intelligence.
We’ve shared our favorites, now you share yours! What are some of your favorite family-friendly dinosaur movies?
Share your thoughts