Fact Finding Quest: How Dinosaurs Ate (Herbivores and Omnivores)
When it comes to eating, dinosaurs, especially herbivorous (plant eating) and omnivorous (plant and animal eating) ones, had a lot of different strategies.
In many cases, what and how they ate their food depended on the shape of their bodies and their teeth.
Listen to 3 I Know Dino episodes and find 3 ways that herbivorous or omnivorous dinosaurs ate their food. Share what you learned by either creating a Google slide or discussing.
Hint, you can listen to:
- I Know Dino’s “Cedarosaurus — Episode 203” (starts at 1:13:56)
- I Know Dino’s “Yamaceratops — Episode 205” (starts at 40:38)
- I Know Dino’s “Heterodontosaurus — Episode 279” (starts at 1:03:41)
Middle School, High School
- Learn about the variety of ways herbivorous and omnivorous dinosaurs ate
- Discuss your findings (sharing is caring!)
- 3 I Know Dino episodes: https://iknowdino.com/episode-index/
- [Optional]: https://www.google.com/slides/about/