NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW (INCLUDING IN ANY COUNTRY/JURISDICTION WHERE SWEEPSTAKES ARE NOT LEGAL TO OPERATE), OR IN A COUNTRY/JURISDICTION (OTHER THAN IN THE U.S.) THAT WOULD REQUIRE THE SWEEPSTAKES TO BE REGISTERED AND/OR BONDED WITH A GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY OR OTHER REGULATORY BODY (E.G., QUEBEC IS EXCLUDED).
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- Eligibility. The Exquisite Eons and I Know Dino Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who: (i) are legal residents and physically located in the United States or Canada—excluding Quebec; (ii) as of 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 20, 2023 have previously purchased or have free access to use to the internet where links to enter will be posted (RSS feeds, or other podcast feeds); and (iii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the time and date of entry. Immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of Garret Kruger or Sabrina Ricci are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and “those living in the same household” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
- Entry Periods. The Sweepstakes consists of one entry period (an “Entry Period”), which is specifically detailed below (in the time recognized by the state of California at the date and time listed). All entries will be entered into one (1) drawing for the same Triceratops brooch. Individuals sign up for the I Know Dino and Exquisite Eons email lists during the start time/date and the end time and date (detailed in the chart below) to be eligible for the drawing.
Entry Period Time
May 3, 2023 to June 20, 2023
ALL TIMES AND DATES SET FORTH ABOVE AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.
- How to Enter. To participate and enter this Sweepstakes, individuals will need follow any instructions in the advertisement promoting this Sweepstakes. Individuals can earn an entry into the Sweepstakes by signing up for both the I Know Dino and Exquisite Eons email list via this link.
Individuals must fill out the form at any point during the Entry Period in order to automatically receive an entry into the Sweepstakes drawing.
Limit of one (1) entry, per person, will be accepted by Sponsor. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information, accounts or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. All materials submitted become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sponsor’s designated database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Those entrants who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. The Sweepstakes Entities may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
- Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. Sponsor will award one (1) winner. The winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about the June 21, 2023 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winners will be final. The potential winners will be notified by email submitted with the entry. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon the sending an email and the potential winner must respond within forty-eight (48) hours or such individual may be disqualified. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours after being notified that they are a potential winner. Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada (or in other countries where sweepstakes are illegal but contests are legal) will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, to be administered over the phone or in writing. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question will result in the potential winner forfeiting the prize and an alternate potential winner being randomly selected. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s message account to receive messages.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prizes. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prizes to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize winner under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states in the U.S. but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize winner to be qualified to receive his or her prizes. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
- Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received for each applicable Entry Period.
- Prizes and Values. The Triceratops brooch has a retail value of $295.00
All individuals who participate during any Entry Period will receive a digital item, which has no retail value.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with his or her prizes, the Sponsor may elect to provide winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes he/she receives, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prize(s) will be forfeited. Prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The total ARV of all the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is: $295. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material.
- Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize to the winners.
- Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING ANY THE I KNOW DINO WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike manner.
- Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel to/from any Sweepstakes activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor interruption or inability to access the Website, application or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with a prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the social media platform used for purposes of administering this Sweepstakes that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use the social media platform for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via the social media platform, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. If entrant is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must agree to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, this Section.
- Entry Information and Sweepstakes Communications. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrant provides to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list.
- Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California (United States), without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Alameda County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator chosen by either party administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Alameda County, California. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Alameda County, California. Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- Winner’s List Request. To receive the names of the winners, send an email to [email protected] or a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “I Know Dino”, 1271 Washington Ave. #589 San Leandro, CA 94577. All requests must be received by August 1, 2023.
- Identification of Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by I KNOW DINO, LLC, 1271 Washington Ave. #589 San Leandro, CA 94577