Here’s what came out this week in dinosaur news:
- A new Argentinian carnivore named Gualicho shinyae, published in PLOS ONE
- Paleontologists discovered the first facial tumor on a dinosaur from Transylvania, according to the University of Southampton
- New research on the evolution of bird vocalizations gives insight into what dinosaurs may have sounded like, according to the Washington Post
- An analysis of Ornithopod evolution shows that new flowering plants may not have been responsible for the massive success of Hadrosauroids, in Nature
- In Pennsylvania, an animatronic Spinosaurus was damaged by three young men in the middle of night, according to The Reading Eagle
- A great video of paleontologist Arthur Hayward making articulated dinosaur models in the 1960s, shared on Facebook
- The Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience museum has opened in Cañon City, Colorado.