You can find our free podcast, with all our episodes, on iTunes at:
In this episode, we discuss:
- The dinosaur of the day: Diplodocus.
- Diplodocus means “Double Beam,” and it may have lived as long as 50 to 80 years.
- Diplodocus lived in the Jurassic which is roughly a 148 to 150 million years ago.
- Diplodocus is one of the most on-display dinosaurs in the world,.
- Diplodocus has a whip-tail; scientists think that it may have been able to break the sound barrier.
- Diplodocus had different teeth from other kinds of plant eating dinosaurs. It had teeth that could strip leaves off instead of biting leaves in clumps.
- Diplodocus was considered the longest dinosaur for quite a while until longer dinosaurs were eventually discovered.
- Diplodocus is in the family Diplodocidae.
- Fun Fact: Diplodocus woke up and slept whenever it wanted, regardless of the hour.
For those who may prefer reading, see below for the full transcript: