Photo by Elaine Thompson/AP; illustration by The Washington Post Retrieved from: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/04/03/tinder-for-t-rex-experts-helped-us-write-dating-profiles-for-dinosaurs/?utm_term=.b3404ac54998
Here’s what came out this week in dinosaur news:
- New tyrannosaur from Montana named Daspletosaurus horneri published with a description of crocodile-like sensitive lips.
- and the Washington post made a T. rex tinder profile…
- A new early Jurasic crested theropod was found in China called Shuangbaisaurus anlongbaoensis but it may already be synonymized.
- A juvenile titanosaur was found north of Sao Paulo, Brazil and shows young titanosaurs also had some hollow bones.
- New CT scans of the recent Murusraptor braincase discovery shows their likely intelligence and sense of smell.
- Tristan the T. rex at the Museum für Naturkunde had some enamel sampled which will help researchers learn more about its diet.
- California is one step closer to having a state dinosaur thanks to Assemblyman Richard Bloom
- The Waterloo Region Museum in Ontario, Canada is hosting an exhibit called Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family for the first time in North America
- Scott Hartman celebrated #UtahraptorWeek by creating a new stockier skeletal of Utahraptor.
- A new video shows the history of Dinosaurs in India.
- According to a new Nature article, although Americans don’t agree on much, apparently we all love dinosaurs!
- A new dinosaur documentary will be coming out soon (potentially) called The Day the Dinosaurs Died
- Hearthstone has officially launched its “Journey to Un’Goro” expansion complete with tons of dinosaurs.
- A brewery in Denver, Colorado got its dinosaur planter back after some “Very light internet stalking”